Fruit of the almond tree and having a neutral flavor, the almond is an easy item to be used and incorporated into recipes. Because they have fatty acids, many think they are fattening, but it is quite the opposite, since they help to give a feeling of satiety.
Almonds, part of the oilseed group, can be great allies in the quest for weight loss, since they are rich in monounsaturated fats (they help to keep the blood sugar level stable and activate the metabolism).
The oilseed is rich in nutrients, having a high content of magnesium and calcium. And, in addition to helping with weight loss she:
1) Helps in the treatment of osteoporosis;
2) Controls the pressure;
3) Reduces the level of bad cholesterol;
4) Prevents heart disease;
5) It favors good digestion.
How to consume almonds? It should be consumed throughout the day replacing foods rich in calories and the ideal amount to eat is about 12 units, which you can alternate between:
- Breakfast: try a mix with almonds, walnuts, chestnuts ...
- At lunch and dinner: can be added to dishes, such as soups and salads (to give a crispness)
- In snacks: as a kind of snack, or even with yogurt. Now that you know all the benefits of almonds try to include them in your diet, in addition to giving a special touch to meals they will help you in weight loss!